N&W Col. - Sandusky Coal Line

Sun Aug 19 18:41:52 EDT 2007

Wilson's Country Sausage is still there on US 23 between Delaware and Waldo. The Troyton Color Position Signals were destroyed by a derailment this summer. Took out the whole interlocking and sent a well car into the barn/building right next to the tracks.

Don R
Gahanna, Ohio

Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2007 3:19 PM
Subject: Re: N&W Col. - Sandusky Coal Line

Yes, I do! It is (was?) along US23 just north of Troyton. I liked the Burma-Shave style signs they had. You can view the N&W tracks across the field out front. Back when the intermediate signals were position lights, you could still tell the indication even though it was located quite a distance away. Of course now the PLs at Troyton are gone too.

Jim Mihalek
Lakeville, MN