Monroe, Virginia, Information Request

Thu Nov 1 17:45:53 EDT 2007

Charlie,

Monroe still has a very active post office with three rural routes! I know
because when I retired from teaching, I was a substitute rural carrier out of
Monroe for 2 years before I had to retire for good. The current Monroe
post office is on the west side of business 29.

Vicki,

I suggest you contact Larry Pollard, the Monroe Post Master, at the Monroe
Post Office. He is a life long resident of that area and what he doesn't know,
he can steer you to the person who would. Feel free to use my name.

The only "thing" that is left from the Southern being there is an iron
railing on top of a concrete retaining wall above where the brick station was!
That's it!

I have a newspaper clipping from the 1950's of the coal tower being
blasted/pulled down and I will look for it.

Aubrey Wiley
Lynchburg, Va.

You are invited to visit these links but they are still under construction.

Home Page - _http://vgnry43.googlepages.com/home_
(http://vgnry43.googlepages.com/home)
Model Railroad Page -
_http://vgnry43.googlepages.com/modelrailroadofaubreywiley_