Clinch Valley District

Tue Mar 4 10:12:10 EST 2008

Charlie -

Bucky Wilson and I co-authored a three article series on the Clinch
Valley District that was published in The Arrow (the Society's magazine)
in the March/April, May/June, and July/August, 2004 issues. Back issues
of The Arrow are available from the Society in one year sets. The
website is: www.nwhs.org <http://www.nwhs.org> . Our articles had a lot
of photos, maps, and copies of timetables for the Clinch Valley District
and should answer some of your questions.

You should also get a copy of The Interstate Railroad book by Ed Wolfe
which has a lot of good information about the history of railroads in
Wise County and the Norton yard and interchange with the N&W. Ron
Flanary has also written several books about the L&N in southwestern
Virginia.

If you have any questions you can contact me off-line.

Paul Mandelkern
Winter Park, Florida
paul.mandelkern at lowndes-law.com