FM Trainmasters

Thu Mar 13 18:47:57 EDT 2008

Jimmy,

When I was on the B of D of the transportation museum, I heard from several sources at the railroad that a Trainmaster had been set aside for the museum and "stashed" out of the way, but that it got caught up in railroad power politics and that when upper management got wind of this unauthorized action they had it scrapped. Perhaps some one of our correspondents who was in railroad management at the time can shed light on this.

Sam Putney

Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 1:12 PM
Subject: FM Trainmasters

Any idea why one of the FM Trainmasters wasn't saved? Do I remember correctly that the last TM was used on a railfan excursion, maybe in the '70s?
Jimmy Lisle