H. Reid Photo Collection

Mon Apr 7 18:26:46 EDT 2008

There has been no answer to the question because, I believe, no one on this list knows the answer. Having authored two books which included a number of Reid photos, and having searched for others, I believe the answer is that there is no single source of his photographs; that parts of the collection which he had at his death are in several hands. At the same time, Reid traded slides and negatives with a number of people so that photos taken by Reid are found at shows and in other places, sometimes appropriately attributed to him and sometimes not.

Bill McClure
Richmond