Names of Shortlines in WV and VA that made up the N&W railway and VGN.

Mon Apr 21 10:24:08 EDT 2008

Don,

The two N&W component railroads that you mention are just two among many,
many more that went to make up the later day N&W. The best place I know of
for you to see these is the NWHS Web page
http://www.nwhs.org/nw_timeline.html.

The Virginian history is much simpler. Basically its main line components
were the Tidewater and Deepwater plus a number of coal field branch lines
that started as individual corporations. Maybe someone else can tell us if
there is a timeline for the VGN similar to the one mentioned above for the
N&W.

Gordon Hamilton

Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 9:29 AM
Subject: Names of Shortlines in WV and VA that made up the N&W railway and