N&W CPL's

Tue Aug 19 16:53:59 EDT 2008

In another thread, Ben Blevins relates:
"I was obsessed witnh preserving an N&W signal before I was ever a signal maintainer. I did that. They are old, rusty, dangerous, an absolute nightmare to work on, and impossible to get parts for. Climbing one of these things is a terror in itself, even with the proper safety gear."

I can sympathize with that, but, they are a much better way to present a signal than today's stick signals! Too bad that the people that make and order these things didn't realize the advantages of the CPL's and come up with a modern replacement.
Jimmy Lisle