James N Gillum

Thu Nov 20 23:24:14 EST 2008

Here are the arrangements for Jim Gillum

Visitation will be on Sunday from 3 - 6pm at

Woody Funeral Home
1771 N Parham Rd
Richmond, VA

A memorial service will be held on Monday at 1:30pm at

Derbyshire Baptist Church
8800 Derbyshire Rd
Richmond, VA

I talked with Sandy this evening and she said she made it through the
day OK. She talked about how much the Society meant to Jim and talked
of having some of Jim's models on display at the visitation Sunday.

The Society has sent flowers to Jim's family.

We are looking at establishing a memorial fund but need a little more
time to work out the details and confer with's Jim's family.

Jim's passing leaves a huge void in the Society, but I have been
encouraged by all those who have already stepped forward and given
just a little more to take up the slack. I know of no better tribute
to him than than to continue moving forward with the Archives and
"carry it to the next level."

Ron Davis