looking for Pocahontas passenger line info

Sat Jan 31 12:52:01 EST 2009

Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2009 7:51 AM
Subject: RE: looking for Pocahontas passenger line info

Having researched this wreck (as others have said it was no accident)
several years ago, have a few things that may help you. The "Detective"
magazine mentioned is the July 1938 issue of "Master Detective", an article
written by Lawrence County Ohio Prosecuting Attorney Roy Henry. Fascinating
article however there are a few gruesome details on your great grandfather's
death so be prepared. Most interesting is a copy of the "Wanted" poster
issued by the N&W offering a $1,000.00 reward (a huge sum in 1932) for
information leading to the arrest of the suspects. The newspaper article
mentioned was from the Wheelersburg Ohio- based "Scioto Voice", which ran a
copy of this article sometime in the early 1990's.

Also have the original Portsmouth Times front page story of the wreck from
April 21, 1932 with the banner headline "Two Killed In N&W Wreck". I will
try to take a digital picture of it for you. Have also some microfilmed
copies and notes from the Portsmouth Times during that time that may be of
interest.

Mr. Meyers, if you think any of this will help, please feel free to contact
me by email. You're welcome to copies of anything I may have.

Jim Detty

Lucasville ohio