White Top depot

Tue Mar 10 14:32:12 EDT 2009

Gentlemen,
For those of you who have made helpful suggestions, I made contact
with Tom Blevins who built an O Scale model of White Top from plans.
He sent me photos of his model and they show one single window at one
end and two windows at the other. So, the photo of White Top depot at
the Virginia Creeper Trail website seems to be an accurate
reproduction of the depot. However, the assertion that the photo is
from 1955 cannot be correct. To me it is obvious the photo is of the
rebuilt station. Mr Blevin says he will look for the plans he used to
build the model.

I have also heard from a gentleman who took slides of all four sides
of Damascus depot in the mid-1970s before the line was abandoned.

If this all comes together and I get the photos and plans, I will
write up something for the Arrow and include any drawings I make.

Thank you all, again, for your suggestions and recommendations.

Joe Giannovario