NW 611 Silver Commemoratives

Mon Aug 10 16:00:07 EDT 2009

It MUST be some sort of medallion. Coins can be spent and can only be
produced by the US Mint and have a face (spendable) value. The US
Govt. takes a really dim view of any competition to their control in
that area and really get serious about it, too.

That said, it probably sells for $40 to $50 if it is about an ounce of
silver and with silver presently somewhere in the $13-$15 range, that
is my best guess. Go to any decent larger city coin show or call a
coin dealer in the bigger city and you can probably get your answer
but my guess is probably in the $40 range at best.

1. NW 611 Silver Commemoratives (NW Mailing List)
Message: 1 Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 05:53:24 -0700
NW 611 Silver Commemoratives

Hello all.
Is anyone on the list familiar with a silver commemorative coin
showing the 611 on one side and the N&W logo on the other? Coins are
appoximately 1-1/2" diameter and said to be minted by "Silver Images"
in Denver, CO., but I can't find any info on "Silver Images" online.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Even if these coins are total
fakes they look really nice. Thanks in advance,