DPU trains (was Re: Thunder on Blue Ridge)

Wed Jan 19 10:26:39 EST 2011

I had a double coal train one time and when we arrived in Shenandoah the clerk asked if we knew how much tonnage we had. Our paperwork showed something like 13,000 tons. Then he told us we actually had more like 16,000 tons!
I'll say one thing, those EMD's were real horses that day. Yeah it was slooooow, and we knew something was up, but, those puppies really held the rail that day.

The EMD's were real sluggers and reliable too. About three weeks ago, the local eastbound up
Blue Ridge had 33 loaded coal hoppers and one covered hopper (loaded or mty) pulled by one
SD60. Harry Bundy

o change your subscription go to
ttp://list.nwhs.org/mailman/options/nw-mailing-list
rowse the NW-Mailing-List archives at
ttp://list.nwhs.org/pipermail/nw-mailing-list/