Hollins College business car in excursion service

Tue May 17 19:54:43 EDT 2011

I should have attached this to my earlier reply. Here's my photo of the car
in 1987 and a link showing the car more recently in private ownership.

http://www.jefflubchanskycpa.com/RRNITE-WPNYNJ-SE20-3DG433.jpg

http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=542229

-Phil Miller

Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 12:52 AM
To: NW Mailing List
Subject: Re: Hollins College business car in excursion service

Can't answer those questions; but since it was a business car, I would not
expect to see it on excursions. Besides, as a sleeper, it had limited
seating capacity, which would not recommend it for excursions. Didn't it
eventually become an NS business car? Jim Nichols

_____

Sent: Mon, May 16, 2011 5:52:10 PM

I'm looking for some additional information on the N&W business car "Hollins
College", #451. How often was this car used behind the 611 or 1218 on
excursion trains? Was it primarily used for multi-day trips, like the
annual Independence Limited? How long did it maintain its N&W lettering?

Marty Flick