High Visibility

Sat Jun 25 16:46:47 EDT 2011

> This is one idea that we borrowed from the Brits that really seems to work. They've had that color vest for years.

> Ed Svitil

> Norfolk & Western Railway

First, apologies on the late response on this thread.

Ed is right about the Brits and their yellow vests. I was recently on assignment in a warehouse in the UK when I became aware of the heavy usage of safety vests. My first response was surprise - it seemed over the top in our environment. After a week I was glad they were in use - it makes finding a person in a large building a LOT easier. Usage on railroads, where the plant is even bigger makes sense!

Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio

On