End of Service for VGN EL-2B Streamliners

Tue Oct 23 20:18:23 EDT 2012

I was on a fantrip on the Valley Railroad on September 15th. We backed down the line from Essex and we went past the storage yard near Old Saybrook that the RMNE has. I saw the unit there in storage. It is not in Thomaston. Hope that helps!!

Ron Muldowney

Ronald J. Muldowney
52 Dunkard Church Road
Stockton, N.J. 08559-1405
609-397-0293
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:31 AM
Subject: Re: End of Service for VGN EL-2B Streamliners

>> I'm a member of the Railroad Museum of New England and the museum owns one of the units in very faded Conrail blue<<

Hi Stewart. Does RMNE / Naugatuck RR still have the EL-C? It's not listed among the locomotives they own on their web site. I live in CT and was up in Thomaston in the spring. It was a weekday and the Naugatuck RR wasn't open, but I could overlook their shop from Waterbury Rd. and didn't see it. Is it indoors perhaps?

Rob Doorack