Glade Configuration

Tue Nov 20 11:35:23 EST 2012

Mike,

I honestly don't know the history behind that situation, but it appears that there was probably two tracks at some point in time that crossed the road crossing and paralleled the main line into the foreground. Look at the distance between the main line and the signal to the right. Definitely room for another track. A signal would not normally be placed that far from the main. Perhaps it was an extension of the siding, or even one of the yard tracks (center right) used as a switching lead. I do agree that the long lens distorts the image and I don't believe that there is significant curvature to affect current train  movement.

Jeff Sanders