New model(s)

Mon Apr 29 14:32:46 EDT 2013

I only had one set of these units before I retired. Of course no
one tells you what is going on, they just put them on a train and tell
you to go. This day we had close to 8800 tons of train. As this was the
first time I had seen these units, I was checking them out as I went
through them. Only 3000hp each, which seemed awful low. I made a call to
the Loco shop and they said to take the train. OK, away we went.
As soon as we started up the hill to N. Roanoke, I could tell this
was going to be a long day. Yes, they took the tonnage, but, it was slow
going up the hills. Reminded me of a set of SD35's compared to SD40's.
They would pull the tonnage, it just took a lot longer.

Jimmy Lisle