Concrete phone and tool buildings

Tue May 5 21:00:25 EDT 2015

Someone in Bristol has listed a free concrete phone/tool booth to anyone
that can haul this 4,000 pound item away.  They claim it was once used in
Rural Retreat but we don't have any record or photo of it here.  Does anyone
know if these buildings were placed at any particular location relative to
the depot?

These buildings are described, along with a lot of other concrete
structures, in this 1915 issue of Railway Engineering and Maintenance of Way
that was scanned by Google.  This may be old hat to you veterans but I found
several of the articles to be quite interesting.  Here is the link that
takes you directly to the article on concrete buldings:
http://books.googleusercontent.com/books/content?req=AKW5Qaf3AI8zK0DQTiLYrTk
KmoOZkCRNlO_VU27ABtlwQ3BAn6eG9WHsDLB1ginXt1DSl5Zyf-iJUXqUCXqAN9Vy4KGzDvXNcgp
Hefzbfk8H6JgKJshKkn6HKE0ti0HaOnhzhOoOtLiS74xNYCvHS8A4ie_Nsw9hpe8cLZdL6AD9U_x
ceDsZPxpg9k7YeRml12LNlUXlq9Tj8cvKmXIrIQ0_mt8noudRRJm1d5iOcB2q7AsQ5mvoap8Ipl-
7jMn4rKoefMasfw4Nx9949EtQzzGsSHbAobc-Hg

Frank Akers

Rural Retreat Depot Foundation