Not NW but,

Wed Nov 4 18:37:04 EST 2015

Harry

There were two Ga Power plants served by both NS and CSX, Plant McDonough in Atlanta proper, which is now a natural gas fired plant, and Plant Harlee in Milledgeville, Ga, which is south of Athens an just west of Augusta.

Plant Scherer is the largest plant in the US, is just north of Macon and is served only by NS. Plant Arkwright, which was between Scherer and Macon was torn down just over a decade ago, when Scherer was doubled in capacity. Arkwright was also NS only.

Plant Bowen is Stilesboro, Ga, just west of Cartersville, GA is the third largest plant in the US, is CSX only.

Plants Hammond, Wansley and Yates are all served by NS.

Savannah Power, a Southern Co. Subsidiary had/has two plants in Savannah, Kraft and McIntosh. Kraft I believe is closed. McIntosh was able to be served by both, but I have only seen the SAVX rapid discharge cars on NS.

Southern Company also has the #2 power plant under Alabama Power, which is Plant J.H. Miller, which is northwest of Birmingham and is served by BNSF.

Plants Miller and Scherer have both been listed #1 & #2 with the other in the opposite spot according to a couple of places I have read, depending on what info is pub'd.

Regards
Russ

Happy Connecting. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 5