Large Format Photos

Mon Aug 8 16:39:53 EDT 2016

>From what I recall in the photo list, it was east of Roanoke, but have not
had time to pull the book with a location.

It is double track, and I believe climbing Blue Ridge, but not exactly sure
of location. The image resolution is not high in any case, and the focus
was on the dogwood, not the train, so it is not in sharp focus so details
cannot be easily picked out. Usually, a black and white print was also made
from color transparencies.

Attached is a low res version of N&W Negative 32269, which I believe is the
same image, certainly seems to match, but a lot more contrast than the
color version. Note the distant mountain is virtually invisible on the
color print. Note the negative number is right reading in the lower right
hand corner, which is where the negatives (8x10 or 5x7) normally had the
number written in ink on the front of the negative.

Ken Miller

Moderator:

425 could be in the area of Chrisman's Mill west of Christaiansburg. Second