Y2 Builder Plates

Tue Feb 27 14:58:54 EST 2018

Abram

      I am going to  teach you someday how to paint plate backgrounds. It’s a five minute job.   That being said it’s clear in builder photos that the backgrounds were painted at least for the photo after that I think they were just sloped over with graphite . Serval of my plates came to me just as they came off the locomotive  and where covered in 1/8 in or more of graphite.  The secret of painting them  lacquer thinner and a rag

Larry Evans