Buck Stewart (Stuart ?) - Usher at Roanoke Station

Mon Aug 20 11:37:34 EDT 2018

His name was Harry T. Stewart.  He lived on Woodlawn Ave in Roanoke. (from database of  Link photo details)
Dave Stephenson

Does anyone know any personal details about Buck Stewart (Stuart ?,) the old time Usher and train announcer at Roanoke station back in the 1950s?  He was certainly an unforgettable voice on the PA system.  Wish I had taken the time to talk with him.

When did he start on the railroad, and in what job?  What was his real name?  When did he retire?  Etc.

-- abram burnett

                  Sent to You from my Telegraph Key
Successor to the MAGNETIC TELEGRAPH LINE of 1844