"Reference Book of the Norfolk & Western Railroad," mid-1880s

Mon Nov 5 11:59:54 EST 2018

I have always dated the book about 1890, based on the woodcuts in the book.

The new New River Bridge shown in the woodcut was built in 1888.

Bluefield Yard did not go under construction until 1888.

Actual construction on the Ohio Extension did not start until March 1890 and it is referred to in the book.

The new Graham RR station went under construction in  1890 and was completed in 1891 and it is referred to in the book.

Alex Schust