"Reference Book of the Norfolk & Western Railroad," mid-1880s

Tue Nov 6 10:02:12 EST 2018

Abe,

This is a very good historical source about the N&W RR at a point in time.  I think it was published in 1888 or 1889 since it shows the curve bridge in Radford (which was completed in 1888) and talks about Roanoke being started six years before (that would have been 1882). There are references to things being completed in 1890 and the Ohio Extension to be finished in 1892.

Thank you for sharing this.

Bud Jeffries