VGN BX-10 Trucks

Wed May 1 13:52:22 EDT 2024

Hello from across the pond.

I recently bought a F&C Resin kit of a VGN BX-10 boxcar, the kit does not come with trucks. In researching I can find no reference to the type of truck these cars had in later life (1950s onwards).

Apparently there are only 2 known pictures of a car in this class in service, VG00446 and VG00266 in the societies archives, both 1951.

Looking closely at the pictures it appears that the truck on the A end is an "Andrews" style and the truck on the B end appears to be an Arch Bar style.

I know Arch Bars were banned from interchange by this time but still continued in home road service and as some of these ended up in MofW service that fits.

Can anyone advise what trucks these cars ran on while still in interchange in the 1950s?

Thank you in advance.

Martin Ford
N&WHS Member 5590