Huckleberry Youtube video

Sun May 26 13:49:04 EDT 2024

 All,

Wow!  What a lovely little 8mm film.
First westbound passenger was No. 15, the Cavalier with its New York-Williamson Pullman on the rear.
No. 9, the Roanoke-Bristol local.

Arriving and leaving Huckleberry was deadheaded from and to Radford. How many men does it take to rerail an M (trainmaster in straw hat)?  Single car, Blacksburg Branch coal operation was likely Merrimac-Morgan Coal Corp.

Local freight with gons.
Several shots of both sides of The Tennessean
Westbound Powhatan Arrow had taken on baggage, but still had the boat tail TLO
Everyone notice that 2156 (now in St. Louis again) was the Walton pusher?
Alas, I was hoping to see Operator Bill Harmon holding forth in BH Tower...!

Tim Hensley

 What a delightful film, especially if you have an interest in Christiansburg or Walton operations.
In the film, there were three trains (two at the former, one at the latter location) that were hauling two cabooses. Why? My initial thought was that a caboose or engine/caboose were being repositioned, but after the third one I figured it must have a regular purpose.
Matt GoodmanColumbus, Ohio, US

Thanks for pointing this out, Roger!I never realized stock cars were black on the ends.Mike Rector<image.png>

New Youtube upload video of Huckleberry / Christiansburg / Blacksburg / Walton footage that I don't remember seeing in the past. Appears to be in the late steam area with a few shots of early diesels as well. 2156 is also shown at Walton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hbJCks_nZI
- Roger Link