Virginian (NW/NS) Roanoke South Yard

Sat Jul 13 19:05:32 EDT 2024

Thanks Ken.
Phil Miller

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2024 6:42 PM
To: NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org>
Subject: Re: Virginian (NW/NS) Roanoke South Yard

Phil

I’ve heard that at some point, I know not when, the plan is to eventually shut South Yard down. I believe that Carilion is very interested in the property. But that is speculation on my part.

But to my knowledge, it is still an active yard, but they only bring trains in and change power or fuel, and change crews. No working of trains there. Unless it is to double together a cut.

Best
Ken Miller