Pocahontas Consist circa 1944

Sat Jul 20 21:21:37 EDT 2024

The only thing I can tell you for sure that there weren't  any lightweight
cars on the N&W at that time  I doubt that any class A engines were used on
the Pocahontas; they had built the J-1 engines during WWII and they were
run in tight cycles covering the Southern trains on the Bristol-Monroe runs
and the Pocahontas and Cavalier.  They also had the K engines which could
fill in the gaps.
 - Ed King