Pocahontas Consist circa 1944

Sun Jul 21 10:30:00 EDT 2024

 Sorry Ed, but the 15 class PM lightweight coaches were built i 1941 and were definitely used on the Pocahontas during WWII.
Jim Nichols
    On Sunday, July 21, 2024 at 05:22:39 AM CDT, NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> wrote:

 The only thing I can tell you for sure that there weren't  any lightweight cars on the N&W at that time  I doubt that any class A engines were used on the Pocahontas; they had built the J-1 engines during WWII and they were run in tight cycles covering the Southern trains on the Bristol-Monroe runs and the Pocahontas and Cavalier.  They also had the K engines which could fill in the gaps. - Ed King