electricity for lamps

Sat Aug 24 08:38:07 EDT 2024

I don’t pretend to know anything  here but a retired  N&W signal man once told me they had some type of sacrificial battery with  copper and zinc anodes that was buried in the ground that worked off of moisture in the ground and would last like a year or so.  I have never seen anything on this thought Abe would  be all over it.  The kerosene lamps here at Kenova lasted well into the 70s . Amazing that we have no lighted switch lamps on the modern railroad today .

Larry Evans