Imron was: Tuscan paint

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Jan 29 20:02:44 EST 2024

I believe some Imron paints were produced for automotive use in the not so
distant past but I'm not sure it is currently being produced for that
purpose. I know of at least three or four pieces of railroad equipment that
have been painted using Imron paint.

As far as being used for modeling, I was thinking along the same lines
about how it might affect plastic models. Even if it was okay to use, it
would require considerable thinning to get adequate flow through an air
brush. I suspect the time required to cure would be considerably longer
than typical acrylic paint as well.  It may work better on brass models but
I'd be hesitant to use it on plastic.

Mike True