[412-public-news] Two great three word expressions

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 14:09:06 EDT 2017

We are hiring!

Let's go swimming!

Mash those above expressions together, and you can begin to make your life
as exciting as mine!

Big news: Pittsburgh Public Schools needs to hire a head swim coach for the
girls varsity team at Obama Academy. I've been the Obama varsity boys coach
for about 10-years. We're looking for someone who is willing to join us for
the 2017-18 swim season that starts next month.

Rush to apply now, as the posting stays active for only a few more days.
You must apply via the PPS web forms. Go to http://www.PghBOE.net and click
the link to careers. (Good luck with that.)

https://www.pghschools.org/careers

Truth be told, I wish I was the head coach for BOTH the boys and girls
varsity teams, as well as the middle school teams. Then we'd be organized
and accountable, and this email would be a call for assistant coaches.

Furthermore, three schools in the city district need swim coaching help.
Plus other suburban coaching openings are out there too.

If coaching isn't in your immediate future, here are two ways that I'm
trying to prime the pump and build capacity among our locals. Help!

#1. Vote, “YES,” on the ballot measure facing City of Pittsburgh voters in
the November general election. That would change the city's charter and
allow part-time coaching work from those who are already employed by the
City of Pittsburgh. http://cloh.org/wp/archives/1883

#2. Join among our community aquatic activities now being offered at the
Saturday Swim School at Oliver High School, 2323 Brighton Road, Northside.
AND, we are now offering some evening adult activities at Obama Academy's
swim pool, 515 N. Highland Ave, Highland Park / East Liberty, from 7:30 to
9 pm on most Mondays and Wednesdays.

Saturdays (generally):

- Adults swim, from 9:30 to 11:30 am.

- Kids and their mentors swim from 11:30 to 1 pm.

Underwater Hockey:

Mon. Oct 30, 7:30 to 9 pm at Obama

Mon. Nov 6, 7:30 to 9 pm at Obama

Mon. Nov 20, 7:30 to 9 pm at Obama

One-Mile Time Trials, followed by optional adult community SKWIM game:

Wed. Oct. 25, 7:30 to 9 pm at Obama

Wed. Nov. 1, 7:30 to 9 pm at Obama

Wed. Nov. 8, 7:30 to 9 pm at Obama

Wed. Nov. 15, 7:30 to 9 pm at Obama

After the Wednesday evening one-mile swims, as time permits, and time is
expected as we get established, all are invited and encouraged to stay,
optionally, and play a community game of SKWIM. SKWIM is a fun game, played
like ULTIMATE, with a disk and fins.

Rookies welcome.

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark at Rauterkus.com
PPS Summer Dreamers' Swim & Water Polo Camp Executive Coach
Varsity Boys Swim Coach, Pittsburgh Obama Academy
Recent Head Water Polo Coach, Carnegie Mellon University Women's Club Team
Pittsburgh Combined Water Polo Team

http://CLOH.org <http://cloh.org/>
http://Swim.CLOH.org

412 298 3432 = cell