[412-public-news] In the news, water, community and a summer of patience

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 15:40:44 EDT 2018

Hi,

Thanks in advance for reading and passing along these good news links --
far and wide. Three different chapters of the same engagement story. Video
highlights too.

https://thealmanac.net/sports/achilles-changing-water-polo-landscape/article_9f931a72-836e-11e8-bd88-8f5778a0c127.html

https://thealmanac.net/sports/water-polo-drawing-interest-in-the-region/article_0f34c59e-836d-11e8-89ca-cf31dad77ec9.html

https://thealmanac.net/sports/peters-mom-playing-water-polo-again/article_9f172894-836a-11e8-89f9-b338007a087b.html

Our Northside pool is still not open, sadly. Under construction still.

But we'll be outdoors at 6 pm at Citiparks Ammon tonight, (and every
Tuesday and Thursday), weather permitting. Plus, we go to another site to
play SKWIM with 3 summer teams as well.

+ +
And around the world, wonderful that the team and coach are out and in the
light of day, but please don't say, again, that "it is the best possible
outcome." Part of the outcome was the death in service of a gentleman /
diver, and that should not be discounted.

Tremendous efforts from a team of super talented individuals from around
the world. The entire ordeal is so hard to fathom.

Time to celebrate -- and mourn. May peace come to all who return home. May
future explorers always posses the wisdom, courage and lessons learned from
these past weeks.

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark at Rauterkus.com
Executive Director of SKWIM USA, a 501(c)(3)
The Pittsburgh Project - swim coach and head lifeguard
Middle School Swim Coach at The Ellis School
Former Varsity Boys Swim Coach, Pittsburgh Obama Academy
Sabbatical for 2018: PPS Summer Dreamers' Swim & Water Polo
Pittsburgh Combined Water Polo Team

http://CLOH.org <http://cloh.org/>

412 298 3432 = cell