[412-public-news] With the Freeze came great news for summer = a grant for Aquatic Jamborees, playing well with others

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 11:19:44 EST 2019

Hi All,

As the coldest days arrived, so too came great news of a grant of more than
$7K. This award will support our efforts of "playing well with others" at
community swim pools. SKWIM USA, a nonprofit that helps to promote
swimming, fitness, sportsmanship and game-play get the funding to obtain
equipment and host Aquatic Jamboree events this summer in Pittsburgh.

With the spending of other people's money come a big splash of
responsibility. So, I'm interested in connecting now to prepare to engage
with you, your families, your friends neighbors, organizations and even
business contacts.

All ages and all swim abilities are welcome as we play SKWIM at Aquatic
Jamborees, but we need to rally more political will to participate and
venture out of our comfort zones -- for the sake of fun and fitness.

Can we get your team down to the Northside or Hill District to compete? Or,
can we bring our game and perhaps a squad to your summer pool?

Chime in via Mark at SKWIMusa.org

+ + +

Other community news, Catherine is taking the stage to tell a story this
Saturday at the UU Church of the South Hills, Sunnyhill.org,
http://www.sunnyhill.org/events/coa-coffee-house-2/ The coffee-house
proceeds benefit their youth-group trip.

+ + +

A video of Catherine's story telling from The Moth surfaced. Her
performance from New Hampshire graced a stage that once featured Mark
Twain. (Watch, 12-minutes.)

https://rauterkus.com/catherine-palmer-tells-a-story-in-new-hamshire-with-the-moth/

+ + +

Stretching to Baltimore this Sunday night, Catherine and Grant both get to
share the podium with a former Olympian and WNBA (basketball) star, Tamika
Catchings, as they present about HEARING in SPORTS. If you are in that
vicinity, or a coach any sport and want to better engage with those with
hearing issues, check out the ebook, Time Out! I Didn't Hear You.

More at https://Time.CLOH.org

Hope to see or hear from you soon.

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark at Rauterkus.com
Executive Director of SKWIM USA, a 501(c)(3), https://SKWIM.us
The Pittsburgh Project - swim coach and head lifeguard
Middle School Swim Coach at The Ellis School
Former Varsity Boys Swim Coach, Pittsburgh Obama Academy
Pittsburgh Combined Water Polo Team, https://4Rs.org

http://CLOH.org <http://cloh.org/>

412 298 3432 = cell