[Clipmate-announce] Announcing ClipMate 6.1 / People's Choice Voting

Chris Thornton chris at thornsoft.com
Thu Jun 5 13:48:55 EDT 2003

Hello ClipMate Users,

Our mailing list has been silent for far too long - we hope to have
more activity on this list from now on (but not too much, of course!)

The purpose of this announcement is 3-fold.  First, our mailing list
is back.  You can look forward to periodic announcements of ClipMate
updates, usage tips, and tech support notes.

Second, we would like to invite you to participate in the voting for
the annual Shareware Industry "People's Choice" award. Unfortunately,
the voting window is nearly over, so if you want to vote for your
favorite shareware programs, you can register to vote by following
this link: http://www.siafvoting.com/?source=SIAF
We hope you'll consider us for "Best Overall Utility".

And we are pleased to announce that ClipMate 6.1 has been released.
It is a free update for all registered users of ClipMate 6.0, and
users of ClipMate 5 or ClipMate 4 can upgrade for as little as $14.95.

Following are the new features for version 6.1:

NEW FEATURES
------------

New Features

+ Keyword Highlighting enhances your search by highlighting the
  search terms in the editor as you review the search results.

+ Roget's Thesaurus is now integrated into ClipMate (if installed).

Searching Improvements

+ The % (percent sign) Wildcard adds more flexibility to the
  searching, as you can use the % wildcard before, after, or within
  a search string.  The old * wildcard was limited to the end of
  keywords.

+ Collection Search - you can now restrict the searching to any
  collection.

Performance Improvements

+ Faster Load Time - ClipMate 6.1 should now load several seconds
  faster than ClipMate 6.0.

 QuickPick has been enhanced for better performance when filtering
 large collections.

Other Enhancements

+ Small Toolbar Icons - Just like the small toolbar icons in Classic,
  you can now have small icons in Explorer and the Editor as well.

+ Visually Impaired users will appreciate the ability to turn off the
  fancy HTML Tooltips, HTML Buttons, and menus with icons. Those
  features interfered with some screen reading programs.

+ Word Count - A count of the Words, Characters, and Bytes in a Text
  clip is now displayed in the status bar of ClipMate Explorer.

+ Graphics in HTML - ClipMate can more reliably display images from
  your Internet Explorer cache, when displaying HTML clips.

+ Sort Indicators on column headings - now they are oriented like they
  are in most other applications.

We invite you to visit the following link to learn more about these
features in greater detail
http://www.thornsoft.com/new_features_6_1.htm

And if you haven't seen ClipMate 6 yet, you'll want to review
the list of new features in 6.0 as well:
http://www.thornsoft.com/new_features_6_0.htm

UPDATING
--------
The current release is v6.1.02, released on May 8, 2003. If you are
running version 6.0 or an earlier 6.1, you can just download and run
the installer to update your existing copy. Your registration key, and
data will remain. If you are running a registered copy of version 5 or
earlier, we invite you to download version 6 for a free, 30-day trial.
You can purchase an upgrade key for version 6 for only $14.95.

We hope you enjoy the new ClipMate!

--
Sincerely,
Chris Thornton, President