[Clipmate-announce] ClipMate Newsletter - Year-End 2003

Chris Thornton chris at thornsoft.com
Tue Dec 23 00:01:40 EST 2003

THORNSOFT Development, Inc.
P.O. Box 164
Spencerport, NY  14559-0164
Phone: 585 352-4223, Fax: 585 352-7847
http://www.thornsoft.com

NOTE:  You can read the HTML version of this newsletter, which
includes many live links, here:
http://www.thornsoft.com/newsletter_yearend_2003.htm

Newsletter Contents:
 Looking back at 2003
 New Update: ClipMate 6.2.08
 New Affiliate Program
 Holiday Offer - It's not too late
 Holiday Game - Arcade Lines Christmas Edition

December 22, 2003
Hello from the ClipMate Team!   Welcome to our last installment of our
newsletter for 2003.

Looking Back at 2003
This is the last bit of ClipMate news for 2003, which was a pretty
good year for ClipMate. Coming off of the major new 6.0 release, we
had two minor releases (6.1 and 6.2), delivering significant new
functionality such as Keyword Highlighting, Word Count, Online Backup
and Restore, "Magnetic" WinAmp-Style borders, integration of Roget's
Thesaurus, and improved support for Visually Impaired users.  (Sound
unfamiliar?  Catch Up with the "new features" pages at our site).  And
we were proud to be honored with our third award for Best Overall
Utility at the 13th Annual Shareware Industry Award banquet, held
right here in our hometown of Rochester, NY.

ClipMate 6.2.08
We'd like to announce our latest maintenance release, version 6.2.08.
It is available for downloading from the download page at our site.
This release covers several problems that arose since the initial 6.2
release, including one experimental technology to prevent the
accumulation of those annoying little bitmaps that sometimes appear
when starting applications that have certain toolbar add-ins.  For
example, an Adobe Acrobat add-in for Outlook, may cause a little
"acrobat" icon to be captured when you start Outlook.  This isn't
perfected yet, but it looks promising.  So there's hope that your life
may be a little less cluttered in 2004.

New Affiliate Program
Do you run a website?  Are you a consultant?  Do you distribute
software?  Can you help "spread the word" about ClipMate?  If any of
these apply to you, then you may be able to take advantage of our new
affiliate program.  Visit our site for more information.

Holiday Offer - It's not too late
*** ClipMate GIFT - key and download instructions sent via email ***
Special price of $14.95 (regular price $24.95 - a 40% discount!). We
will send the email confirmation to you and/or your gift recipient on
a date that you specify, along with a personal message from you. This
offer is available only to registered users of ClipMate, and can be
accessed only through the following link:
http://www.digibuy.com/cgi-bin/order.html?clipmate NOTE:  It's too
late to order the CD version.  But we'll be fulfilling the electronic
(key only) version right up until Christmas Eve.

Holiday Game - Arcade Lines
Have you ever wished for a fun, non-violent game that's challenging
and fun for all ages?  We're happy to be able to offer one of our
favorites, Arcade Lines - Christmas Edition, to you for $14.95. Of
course, you'll want to try it first!  You can read more about it, see
screenshots, and download the evaluation version here:
http://www.thornsoft.com/affiliate/lines/index.htm Although it's the
Christmas Edition, there are several sets (all beautiful) of graphical
playing pieces, so you can still keep playing when it's time to take
down the tree - or if Christmas just isn't your holiday.

We're looking forward to serving your further in 2004, with more
enhancements to ClipMate, and finally, a wider product offering.  You
should be hearing more about that in a few months.

Sincerely,

Chris Thornton, President
Thornsoft Development, Inc.

Note:  Replies should be directed to support at thornsoft.com or
sales at thornsoft.com  Replies sent directly to the list server will be
lost.  To change your subscription information, visit our site and
click on the "mailing list" link.