[CLOH-News] The ISCA East Age Group Meet continues for the next couple of days. Doing swim lessons?

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 11:24:32 EDT 2022

Hi All,

Anyone going to attend the Central States Coaches Clinic in Chicago in the
weeks to come. It is mid-May.

ISCA has been promoting the event as a service provider is going to attend
and have a bit of time with the audience attending. They offer a cool
fundraising system.
Widdyup.

https://blog.swimisca.org/now-is-the-time-to-start-planning-how-you-are-going-to-spend-the-money/

I'm on the fence about attending myself. We've got an outdoor pool to open,
so time away is difficult.

+ +
Meanwhile, the ISCA East Showcase Elite Meet is progressing.
Livestream. Lots of action and reposting on the ISCA Facebook wall.
Maine swimmer from SEAL entered the meet in the 200 back with a seed time
of 2:14.19. At prelims she finished in a 2:09.97. At finals, she dropped
another 4.5 seconds to hit the wall at 2:05.39 breaking the meet record.
Congratulations and Wow!

+ +
Had a discussion with Robert Strauss of Miami and put that on the blog.
https://blog.swimisca.org/early-steps-in-swimming-lessons-insights-from-experienced-coaches-and-instructors/

audio only
https://app.talkshoe.com/episode/19184700

+ +

Who of you are doing swimming lessons or in charge of a swim lesson program?
I expect to be doing lots of grassroots coaching stuff for the younger
ones, especially this summer (for us in the North).

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark at Rauterkus.com
Webmaster, International Swim Coaches Association, SwimISCA.org
412 298 3432 = cell