[CLOH-News] new member -- interesting places we go

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 17:29:22 EDT 2022

Hi,

We got a new member to ISCA today from Whitefish, Montana. I've never been
there, but it sounds like an interesting place to go swimming and coach.

This summer's interesting destination for me was Spearfish, South Dakota.
We held a clinic there for lifeguards and got to play SKWIM.

Wondering: What interesting aquatic places have you been to in the past
year?

Many of our coaching peers are presently in Las Vegas for the ASCA Clinic.
Any of you there? Highlights welcome. Once upon a time I went to an ASCA
Las Vegas clinic and a few of us went out on Lake Mead on a motor boat --
back when there was water in the lake. The water shortage is epic there now.

Any going to the TISCA clinic? https://SwimISCA.org/texas-coaches-clinic
I am going next week and helping with registration. Today's news on that
clinic included a single purchase order for 20 coaches from San Antonio.

On Oct 1 & 2, the journey goes to the Eastern States Clinic in King of
Prussia, PA -- outside Philly. I'm sure you've seen some PR on that event
from ISCA. Today's video invite was from Josh Davis.
https://conta.cc/3S4VaAb

This month's East Coast Open Water Festival at Smith Mountain Lake in
Virginia is a new destination for me too. It looks incredible, by way of
photos from past events in prior years.
https://swimisca.org/save-the-date/east-coast-open-water-2022/

So, where are you going? Where have you been? To share -- just reply to the
email.

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark at Rauterkus.com
Webmaster, International Swim Coaches Association, SwimISCA.org
Executive Director of SKWIM USA, a 501(c)(3), SKWIM.us
412 298 3432 = cell