[finders] The Long Tail of Place

finders at findability.org finders at findability.org
Wed Feb 8 14:50:10 EST 2006

February 8, 2006: The Long Tail of Place

http://www.findability.org/archives/000097.php

As the geospatial web goes mainstream, I suspect we will wander the long
tail of place, migrating beyond the usual points of interest covered in
travel guides, following roads less traveled to unknown places that indulge
our idiosyncrasies.

There are undoubtedly scores of small and unusual restaurants, bars, shops,
museums, rivers, parks, and paths that will become more traveled thanks to
Google Maps and the imminent mass annotation of physical space.

While we're on the topic, you might want to pre-order The Long Tail now, and
grab The Adventures of Long Tail while you're at it.