[finders] Research Beyond Google

finders at findability.org finders at findability.org
Wed Nov 1 09:24:00 EST 2006

November 1, 2006: Research Beyond Google

http://www.findability.org/archives/000143.php

For librarians, teachers, and parents frustrated by students' fast food
approach to information consumption, Research Beyond Google is a very useful
guide to "119 Authoritative, Invisible, and Comprehensive Resources."

Since information that's hard to find will remain information that's hardly
found, the only reasonable approach is to improve the findability of high
quality content. So, if someone would create a Google Custom Search with
these 119 resources, like Peter Van Dijck's IASearch.net, then we'd be all
set!

Strange Connections

Neighboroo gets my vote for mashup of the day.

A provocative perspective on Ambient Findability.