[finders] To Make Search Better

finders at findability.org finders at findability.org
Tue Feb 2 10:37:03 EST 2010

February 2, 2010: To Make Search Better

http://findability.org/archives/000626.php

Yesterday, to celebrate the publication of our new “butterfly book” about search and discovery, we launched searchpatterns.org.

It serves as a gateway to the Search Pattern Library on Flickr, our colorful collection of examples, patterns, and anti-patterns. And, it features all the illustrations from Search Patterns, released under a Creative Commonslicense, so you can use them in your publications and presentations.

As we explain in Chapter One (PDF), we created our book and pattern library for a reason. We want to make search better. Or, to be more precise, we want to inspire you to make search better. So, please take a look, spread the word, and help us to make search better.

Strange Connections

* I'll be giving away butterfly books at Interaction 10 in Savannah this week. If you're interested in playing, follow me on Twitter.