[game_preservation] Kickstarting the IGDA Preservation SIG

Andreas Lange lange at digitalgamearchive.org
Tue Oct 25 05:06:05 EDT 2005

Kieron Wilkinson schrieb:

> Hi Greg,

> I totally agree that source code preservation is important, I have

> spoken to the guys at Remain In Play (www.remaininplay.com) who are

> indeed doing that already, and I think (please correct me if I am wrong

> Andreas) that DiGA (www.digitalgamearchive.org) is interested in this also.

besides the binaries we would be intersted in the source code as well.
but haven't collect the source code so far.
I agree, the source code is an important item to preserve. and gregs'
examples are underlining this..
@kieron: have you invited the remaininplay people to this SIG? I wonder
how they get the source codes. were the codes just available or did they
approache the "source code holders"? their experiences could be valuable...

andreas