[game_preservation] Kickstarting the IGDA Preservation SIG

Kieron Wilkinson preservation_sig at igda.org
Mon Oct 24 11:26:21 EDT 2005

Hi Greg,

I totally agree that source code preservation is important, I have
spoken to the guys at Remain In Play (www.remaininplay.com) who are
indeed doing that already, and I think (please correct me if I am wrong
Andreas) that DiGA (www.digitalgamearchive.org) is interested in this also.

I had actually not considered IP attacks being motivation for not
releasing source code. Is more likely something for large companies with
large IP portfolios (and large amounts of cash) to worry about? With the
crazyness that appears to be happening in the IP world at the moment, I
can see their point, not that I agree with it!

--
Kieron Wilkinson
Preservation SIG