[game_preservation] Library of Congress Wants to Preserve Video Game Culture

Henry Lowood lowood at stanford.edu
Wed May 3 13:34:00 EDT 2006

Jason,

Great minds think alike! I was there (at the conference), and I am
trying to put something together in terms of a project idea as we
speak. I'll have a bit more to say about this early next week. One
of my thoughts was to pull IGDA into the loop as soon as I can tell
if there is enough traction in forming a possible collaboration.

Weird, I just wrote an e-mail about a phone conference this afternoon
dealing with this, then I read your post. Like I said about great minds ...

Henry

At 07:29 AM 5/3/2006, Jason Della Rocca wrote:

>Hi all,

>Everyone awake ;)

>Here's some interesting news:

>http://gamepolitics.livejournal.com/278156.html

>http://www.loc.gov/today/pr/2006/06-096.html

>Has anyone here been in the loop?

>Seems like a nice hook/excuse for the SIG to get active, potential

>serve as the voice of game developers in these discussions...

>Jason

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>Jason Della Rocca

>Executive Director

>International Game Developers Association

>t: +1-514-426-1162

>f: +1-514-426-1201

>Montreal, Canada

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>http://www.igda.org/

>http://www.realitypanic.com/

>"Do or do not. There is no try."

>- Yoda

Henry Lowood, Ph.D.
Curator for History of Science & Technology Collections
Curator for Germanic Collections; Film & Media Collections
HRG, Green Library, 557 Escondido Mall
Stanford University Libraries
Stanford CA 94305-6004