[game_preservation] Library of Congress Wants to Preserve Video Game Culture

Andreas Lange lange at digitalgamearchive.org
Thu May 4 06:34:32 EDT 2006

Thanks, Jason, for the interesting news. I expect that it will not last
very soon and we will see similar activities here in europe.

i have one short question: the report starts with:

"A recent Library of Congress strategy meeting with leading producers of
commercial content in digital formats has revealed that creators of
television, radio, music, film, photography, pictorial art and video
games are keenly interested in the preservation of their digital
materials for archival and other purposes."

does that mean, that the initiative comes from the content industry? and
i also wonder if anyone of the game business attended the meeting?

best wishes and thanks,

andreas