[game_preservation] Digital Game Canon page expansion

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Mon Jul 30 16:37:33 EDT 2007

Hey all,

For the Digital Game Canon page I've added what I can find out:
http://www.igda.org/wiki/Game_Preservation_SIG/Digital_Game_Canon

However, I basically don't have the information for the reasons behind
each game being chosen. I've found a few mentions (see the articles I
added at the end of the page) but no real concrete what happened at GDC.
I don't know if this is important, but its a very opinionated thing anyway.

I actually think having the Digital Game Canon page have a set of
subpages for each game (so information can be collected for them there,
which could go into many more areas for each game unlike other Wiki's
and sites might, and at the very least list what the SIG is doing for
the game) rather then what I have put there so far. This will happen, if
there is other information to make it worthwhile.

I also guess this will be a regular thing each year? (Is it?) and I also
have no idea about the other aspects (Congress Library, progress with
the games history documenting and media retrieval if any). I am happy to
add all the information I can to the wiki.

Otherwise, I will start to make new pages similar to the other SIG's. I
presume that since there is low/very individual activity, there isn't
any meetings (conference call, online or otherwise) to document, and no
other projects being worked on that need to be put up, but if there is,
anyone can email me and I'll help add it.

One other thing; I don't know the history of the SIG, which since it is
a SIG based on history, might be very worthwhile to add at some point!