[game_preservation] Classic game videos

Captain Commando evilcowclone at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 14:44:30 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I've been reading through Steve Kent's book and found a few interesting
references to classic videos. The first I'd like to mention is the Atari
engineers' video "Outstanding in Our Field". Now apparently Al Alcorn and Ed
Logg still have a copy of this video, but I wanted to know if we have a copy
of this video somewhere. It seems ideal for us to preserve something like
this.

http://arcade.thelittons.net/2002Extreme/

And heck, if the Learning Channel can get it, why can't we?

http://www.gamegirladvance.com/archives/2003/04/16/sometimes_tv_really_sucks.html#000318

The second is newsreel footage of Fierello LaGuardia, New York's mayor in
the 1930s, destroying pinball machines during the start of the ban.
Apparently, these newsreels were shown in theaters around the country, so I
assume copies still exist somewhere. Why do we need footage of pinball
machines being destroyed? Well, on the one hand, it's interesting but on the
other we can also learn a bit from it.

-DM

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando