[game_preservation] The world's most expensive videogames

Captain Commando evilcowclone at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 17:11:21 EDT 2008

For arcade games, Arcade-History has a great selection of credits. For the
most part, these are copied directly from the arcade credits and others
appear to be copied from alternate sources. As a result, the credits for
some are a bit incomplete (Donkey Kong, for instance, had a larger
development team according to Steve Kent (pg 432)). So for arcade games that
lack in-game credits, this information may be subject to scrutiny, and even
then it might require cross-referencing with the screenshots from Mame-End.
One nice feature that AH has over MobyGames is that when you click on the
name of a developer, it lists not only all the other games he worked on but
also the roles he played (and who else on the team had that role as well).

You can combine Arcade-History with Arcade Flyers to include more
documentation (though AF won't date the flyers and their release dates
sometimes conflict with Arcade-History; both sometimes conflict with KLOV).

-DM

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> wrote:

> Andrew Armstrong wrote:

> >> I'm going to see about getting it into MobyGames. :)

> > That and some other early games are very much missing!

> Check Amazon for the Encyclopedia of Game Consoles for how many hundreds

> of systems could conceivably be added eventually.

> > (well, arcade

> > games are being slowly added, woo!),

> MG makes no provision for arcade games presently. Neo-Geo, however,

> qualifies as a console.

> --

> -Mike Melanson

"Until next time..."