[game_preservation] The world's most expensive videogames

Captain Commando evilcowclone at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 19:19:51 EDT 2008

Oh, THAT book. I've seen that at the local game shops, but it's sealed and
I'm convinced they had it overpriced.

The interesting thing regarding the old arcade games... It's a bit difficult
when you go to list who actually worked on the machine because you'll find
cases where the hardware was developed by one guy but the game itself was
programmed by someone else. You'll also find like at Atari that other
designers would stop by and play a game during development and give feedback
during that time. At this point, giving credit is sort of asking the
question of whether or not carrying the one proverbial grain of sand from
one corner of the room to the other counts or if it's something a bit more
substantial that is required. So many questions and we'll have to create an
answer for them :)

-DM

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Andrew Armstrong <andrew at aarmstrong.org>
wrote:

> Mike Melanson wrote:

> > They have demos on 1st and 3rd Saturdays. Maybe I'll bring my camera in

> > 2 weeks.

> Awesome :) I'll be sure to contact the museum myself to see what they

> might have available to contribute, of course, but first hand camera

> documentation would be great if you did take some pictures or a movie.

> (Since I am in the UK, I won't be getting there anytime soon sadly :) ).

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando