[game_preservation] The world's most expensive videogames

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Mon Apr 7 18:11:01 EDT 2008

Andrew Armstrong wrote:

> If I have an opportunity to I might find that encyclopaedia, although

I stopped being lazy and dup up the right link:

http://www.amazon.com/Encyclopedia-Game-Machines-Winnie-Forster/dp/3000153594/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1207605917&sr=8-1

I've barely gotten into it so far, but I can't believe how many systems
I didn't know about. And they're not all ancient, either (though some
are, e.g., Japan-only).

> I will be looking for any kind of contributions (factual or otherwise)

> for games in our Canon lists when that goes live - Spacewar! might be

> the first one I look at in depth. I'll look forward to seeing it on

> there, or at least mentioned in your blog more :-)

They have demos on 1st and 3rd Saturdays. Maybe I'll bring my camera in
2 weeks.

--
-Mike Melanson